TÜV AUSTRIA Belgium offers a complete range of state-of-the-art tube testing technologies to asses the integrity of installed heat exchangers, steam generators, boilers, air conditioners, coolers and condensers. Inspection and upgrading of new tubes can also be considered, and this according international standards as ASME and ISO. Most of the technologies are based on electromagnetic principles for fast and precise inspection, and some of them use ultrasonic and acoustic waves for quantitative measurements.
Next tube testing technologies are standardly proposed:
- Eddy Current Tube Testing (ECTT)
- Remote Field Testing (RFT)
- Internal Rotating Inspection System (IRIS)
- Full Saturation Eddy Current / Magnetic Bias Eddy Current (FSEC)
- Partial Saturation Eddy Current / Magnetic Bias Eddy Current (PSEC)
- Near Field Testing (NFT)
- Magnetic Flux Leakage (MFL)
Following technologies can be proposed on special demand:
- Eddy Current Array (ECA)
- Near Field Array (NFA)
- Acoustic Pulse Reflectometry (APR)
Choice of technology will depend on the heat exchangers configuration and expected degradation phenomena. See Table 1 for suitability according to tube material and characteristics. See also Table 2 for a summary of each technology’s capabilities and main characteristics.