"Since January 2022, the service offering of TÜV AUSTRIA Belgium has been expanded in the area of "Pressure & Environment". In this first phase, we focus mainly on the legal inspection according to the VLAREM II regulations. To this end, we have a team of accredited environmental experts with extensive experience in this field. Specifically, we can be of service to you in the inspection of:
- Petrol stations;
- Tank farms;
- Atmospheric storage tanks, both above and below ground;
- Pressure vessels, both above and below ground;
- LPG storage rooms;
- Transportable storage places;
- Compressed air reservoirs;
- Private storage tanks, both above and below ground;
- Fuel distribution installations;
- Cathodic protection;
- Corrosivity testing of soil;
- Dielectric testing (flashing) of coatings;
- Product changes.
We can also take care of the control of the construction of individual storage tanks, as well as the follow-up and attestation of repairs and/or modifications. We can also carry out prototype inspections under Vlarem II regulations of storage tanks, overfill protection devices, permanent leak detection systems and alternatives for inaccessible piping.
The deployment of these statutory inspections in the Brussels Capital Region and the Walloon Region is currently underway. More information will soon be available on our website!
In addition to the statutory inspections, we also offer a range of supplementary services:
- The design and construction of new storage tanks in accordance with current standards and codes (API 650, API 12, EN 14015, EN 12285, EN 13445, etc.).
- EEMUA 159 inspections (metal tanks);
- EEMUA 225 inspections (plastic tanks);
- Residual life calculations for steel storage tanks cf. EEMUA 159;
- Risk-based inspections cf. API 580/581;
- Setting up an inspection programme or strategy;
In short: whether you are an operator, manufacturer, installer or private individual, TÜV AUSTRIA Belgium is ready to support your project."